Strategic Roadmap for Digital Marketing in 2011: eBook for Marketing Execs
15 authors, 15 articles. Free, yet with priceless insights.
Learn from marketing thought leaders how to engage with customers and create value for stakeholders in a complex digital world. Covers digital channels, marketing techniques, accountability and technology. Truly a must-read resource for every CMO!
And, of course, all my gratitude to our 15 authors, bloggers, consultants whose insights into digital marketing strategy make up this ebook.
- Digital channels
- Digital marketing techniques
- Digital marketing optimization
- and myself for the digital strategy framework
Together, we set out to puzzle together the silo’d niches of digital marketing into one coherent strategic roadmap. The resulting strategy advice could maybe be summarized as follows (and I hope I am doing justice to all my co-authors):
- Derive digital strategy from your overall marketing mission and the role that you want digital to play in it
- Pay attention to the special nuances of each digital channel but also fuse the channels together into a cross-channel approach
- Do the opportunity with digital marketing justice by making appropriate use of its biggest strength: intelligent interactivity
- Consider the additional contribution that digital channels and analytics can have on your online-offline customer sales and marketing programs
- Get more of what you want (e.g. revenue, budget, etc.) by investing in marketing accountability and ROI optimization
- Derive technology strategy from your overall digital strategy